SteveBrady

cut out the letters in duct tape then clear coat it!

"Jeepers" wrote in message
The words "Jeep" on the side of Jeep CJs is embossed with the letters
painted on top. Actually the raised surface is more like Joop with the
'e's put on. My Jeep project CJ-7 is "Jeep Deere", Green & Yellow. I was
toying with the idea of adding the word "Deere" below the word "Jeep",
on raised sheetmetal like the original. I suppose it would look like
"Dooro" then the letters would go on top.

I considered bondo, but I don't think it would work at that thickness. I
might be able to do it in lead and I even considered doing it with a
body hammer, carefully. I have the skills, but I'm afraid that I might
get the sheetmetal too thin after I sand & grind.

Any ideas or suggestions?

--
Member AAAAAAAA
American Association Against Acronym Abuse And Also Ambiguity.

Newsgroups
=----