Steve B.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:53:37 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

a. Should I replace all, or just the ones going to e.g., the bedroom
outlets with this new type ?

As you have read the new breakers give you an additional safety.
Bedrooms are the only place they are called for by code right now but
I wouldn't be suprised to see them required in more places soon. They
are a good idea everywhere imho. Especially in places where you have
outlelts with things plugged in behind furniture or covered by
draperes etc. A very good friend of mine died right before Christmas
due to a lamp with a bad cord that arced and caused the couch to cath
on fire Would I buy a $40 breaker to have him back again. You
betcha.

b. What about the GFCI ground-fault breakers that I have installed for my
few outlets in the garrage, and on the porch ?

I'm not aware of any that combine both but I'm only the son of an
electrician and not the real thing so they could exist and I don't
know about it. You don't want to replace you gfci breakers with
another breaker that lacks that functionaily. I don't know what would
happen if you used an arc fault breaker and then gfci plugs for the
apporpriat circuits. If your interested let us know and I will ask my
dad about it.

Steve B.