Steve B.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:41:35 -0700,
wrote:

We had Pergo in our 96 built home. Loved it. We moved to a 92 built
home that has lino. Don't like it. It has grooves that are full of
gunk; no way to really clean it. I'm still torn over real wood vs
engineered. Engineered seems to have so many benefits including DIY
install that would appear to be quite easy. Any comments? I'd
personally think of using the snap together stuff, but in the kitchen
and (if) baths, go ahead and run a bead of glue along the joint. I'm
still not convinced of using an engineered wood in the baths. We have
carpet (uuuugh), have planned tile, but now am flirting w/ an
engineered product.

We dont wear shoes inside and as for the dirt being visible, I'd
rather see it and get rid of it, and not know it's there

You can get the engineered stuff with real wood veneer on it. Some
are thick enough to be refinished several times and look quite nice
while maintaining the ease of installation and durability of the
engineered product.

Also there are several new click together tile systems now. Basically
the same thing as the floors only a different shape and a tile veneer
on the top instead of wood. It sounds really cheesey but I was at a
customers house the other day and had to bend over and rub the floor
myself to be convinced it wasn't real tile with grout lines. It
looked 100% real and she was very happy with how easy it was to clean
up compared to the real tile elsewhere in the home.

Steve B.