Bernd

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...
And, to address another poster or two he Yeah, I sure have and
continue to practice driving under less than ideal conditions, and
find
myself a much better driver for it. Learning to drive on ice though,
isn't gonna save you when some ****head plows into your rear end at a
stoplight, as has happened to me.

I always leave enough room to get out of the way of some ****head that
might hit me in thr rear end. I automatically watch in the rear view as
I come to a stop to see if that ****head behind is going to stop.

It's also not gonna save you from
the bonehead who makes a left turn across three lanes of traffic (that
time he came off worse than I did).

I'd say your reaction time is slow. Three lanes should have been more
than enough time to react. Pay attention to your driving.

And if you think being 'thrown
free' is likely safer than staying confined within a safety cage,
well,
either you haven't really thought about it, or your thinking processes
are defective.

It's a 50/50 chance. Like to gamble? I do everytime I leave the house
with my vehicle and come up against somebody like you. I've been driving
for over 40 years and only wiped out one car. Hit a tree going backwards
at 50 mph in a VW and walked away from it. So far I beat the odds. Ya, I
know my luck is going to run out someday. Maybe it'll be taking you out
as go.