jim rozen

In article , Carl
Hoffmeyer says...

My father was driving on rte 4 in N.J. (the *infamous* rte 4) -- clear,
sunny Spring day -- run full tilt into a car stopped dead in the highway.

He put his face into the windshield and had hamburger for a mug for a
couple of years (he was driving an old VW beetle) -- without the seatbelt
he's have been killed outright.

That's how my grandmother died. They hit a bus on that same road
(rt 4, right after it had opened) and of course that was before
seatbelts. The bus had crossed over the line and they hit head-on.

And she wasn't killed outright, her spleen was ruptured. It took
her a while to die. With a seatbelt she would have survived I
suspect.

Jim

please reply to: