F. George McDuffee

You might want to check with your local fastener supplier. Our
Emco mill came with a metric drawbar, and the boring head I
bought had a 3/8X16 thread in the #2 MT tang. I was able to get
a made in USA SHCS which made a perfect drawbar for about 8$.
This was a "semi-special" which took a few days to get. Worked
*MUCH* better than the allthread and nut I was using, especially
when it came time to remove the head.

Metric SHCS in the correct size is also available if we ever need
a replacement.

GmcD

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 17:10:44 GMT, "news.earthlink.net"
wrote:

You can get a one piece drawbar for your mill at
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/

"Grady" wrote in message
Just got my mill today! Picked it up at the freight dock, brought it home
and uncrated it. First, I must say, it was packaged extremely well. I was
very impressed. Packaging was 10 times better than the way my Homier lathe
was packaged. Anway, what I am used to seeing as a drawbar was not

included.
There was a piece of threaded rod with a nut and a washer that was holding
the taper and drill chuck in. Is this what they are calling their drawbar,
or did I get shorted?