Steve Peterson

"Jeepers" wrote in message
The words "Jeep" on the side of Jeep CJs is embossed with the letters
painted on top. Actually the raised surface is more like Joop with the
'e's put on. My Jeep project CJ-7 is "Jeep Deere", Green & Yellow. I was
toying with the idea of adding the word "Deere" below the word "Jeep",
on raised sheetmetal like the original. I suppose it would look like
"Dooro" then the letters would go on top.

I considered bondo, but I don't think it would work at that thickness. I
might be able to do it in lead and I even considered doing it with a
body hammer, carefully. I have the skills, but I'm afraid that I might
get the sheetmetal too thin after I sand & grind.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Have someone cut the lettering out with a CNC plasma cutter and use either
the cut out letters and attach them to the sheetmetal or use the negative to
hammer and dolly them into a piece of 20 ga CR and weld that to your Jeep.
I can do this for you if you would like to contact me off list.

speter00000000000at000000000000000000wcta00000dot0 000net
Steve