On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:21:15 GMT, someone wrote:

I am trying to figure out how to frame the concrete portionof this wall. The
above portion was drywalled by the builders when they sold it to us, the
basement was supposed to be unfinished.

First, do you really have to drywall this area?

Well, if you do, it may be more trouble than you save to work aroundn
that heater.

But if you do - my take on it: (a) start with a PT board on top of
that little concrete shelf, overhanging by just the right amount, this
will be the top plate of the lower wall (tie it into the sole for the
wall that is already above the concrete). (b) bolt or power nail a PT
sill to your floor, rip it to be a "2x2" (1-1/2 by 1-1/2). (c) frame
"on the flat" between the new sill and plate. (d) sheetrock.

Whatever. I'd prefer to remove the heater, do the job, then
re-install.

-v.