Jim Elbrecht

"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

-snip-

AEP (aka American Electric Power)

http://www.aepcustomer.com/tariffs/Ohio/default.htm
Monthly Rate (Schedule Code 820)

Summer Winter

First 800 KWH 2.54439 2.54439

All KWH Over 800 KWH 2.54439 1.95956

Of course this was buried in a 114 page document and I may have picked
up the wrong information.

I don't know what that was-- I got lost before I figured it out.
[maybe it is a a 'per bill' charge--- or is it in cents/kwh as they
list it below?]

I did find this page-
http://www.aepcustomer.com/tariffs/O...ok12-17-03.pdf

page 38 of 135- rates for residential, - the highest rate is [in
cents]
Generation 3.4
transmission .4
distribution 2.4
total of 6.14 cents per kwh. [there are probably taxes & fees that
get added in, but your final cost is probably around a dime a kwh]

BTW--- I can't imagine not having access to my kwh usage per month.
A sudden jump in cost might just mean they read the meter wrong, or
on a different day--- or I might see that my usage jumped 20% because
some appliance was malfunctioning or I had a wiring problem.

Jim