MZ

It appears that even if you frame with strapping, you will have the 2" for
the strapping plus the thickness of the drywall. If I was doing the job, I
build a frame that tied into the framing above the pony wall and join it to
a footer adhered to the floor using ram or adhesive.

MZ

"Phreak" wrote in message
Hi, please see the picture posted at the URL below.

http://www.gosea.com/basement/basement.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to frame the concrete portionof this wall.
The above portion was drywalled by the builders when they sold it to us,
the basement was supposed to be unfinished.

I have a few questions:
- can I frame with strapping instead of 2x4 because of the clearance
between the wall and the back of the heater - about 2", as you can see by
the wood that is there holding it out
- using construction adhesive with th ewood directly against the concrete,
or do I need to
- do I need to drill the concrete for screws instead (don't want to)

Some points:
- concrete is above grade
- sill on top of concrete is about 2" wide, clearance for pipe is about
2.5-3"
- clearance behind heater is about 2"