George E. Cawthon

Roger Shoaf wrote:
"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

Stupid reckless, ignorant teenager! Isn't the school
holiday over? Have you ever seen a multi section garage door?

George,

Richard has seen a sectional garage door, he has a picture of one on his web
page showing how he single handedly fixed a spring and didn't get killed
because he had the foresight to use an 18 inch lever. Most amazing thing
was he did this perched on a ladder.

Not bad for a PhD eh?

Hey, I just did read it. I skimmed it quickly but thought
it was pedantic, although he might have some good
theoretical info. What caught my attention and gave me the
willies was the picture of a 12 point ratchet wrench on a
square head set screw. After another quick look, I see that
earlier in the article he has a monologue about picking a
wrench and finally selected an open end wrench for this
screw. That tells me he doesn't use tools much as any
non-novice would immediately have picked an open end wrench
(or even a Crescent wrench).

But why does he show the 12 point ratchet being used after
he goes through the mess about picking a wrench?

Enough critique since I'm not getting paid for this.

Oh, the ladder doesn't bother me, but he should have had it
against the front wall based on the direction of force
needed to wind the spring.