George E. Cawthon

Pop wrote:
George E. Cawthon wrote:

Richard J Kinch wrote:

George E. Cawthon writes:

That would work but block the door up at a convenient height
first. Probably only have to remove the lower two wheels.

Stupid, reckless, ignorant advice.

Stupid reckless, ignorant teenager! Isn't the school
holiday over? Have you ever seen a multi section garage door?

No, it's very valid advice, especially considering the context of the question. You've obviously never been centrally involved installing a door like that or you would realize it.

And you sir, are obviously very wrong. Removing the two
lower wheels of the lowest section has no effect on the
weight of the door or the weight/spring dynamics. All it
does it let the lower section swing inward, and if the door
is blocked up (probably by putting a clamp under the
wheel(s) of the next section higher, absolutely nothing will
happen. It won't even swing inward until you force it to.
This has nothing to do with installing a door. All the op
is trying to do is replace the rubber strip on the bottom.

Centrally involved in door installation? Nope never been
centrally involved, but I do maintain my wood door (much
heavier than a metal door) including tightening the springs
and all the brackets, wheels, and guides. Installing a
replacement door is quite straight forward.