On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:59:32 -0500, willshak
wrote:

On 1/14/2005 10:11 AM US(ET), Duane Bozarth took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Greg O wrote:

Oh hell! Never mind! I missed that!
(still my recomendation though!!)

It's easy to miss when trying not to take too much time...shoot, I
thought he said he didn't have (and didn't want to buy) a hand bender
tool, too...

What I got from the OP's post.
1. The OP doesn't want to buy an EMT bender (which my electrician friend
calls a 'Hickey').

I have to get an emt bender, about $25 at HD. this=
http://www.chopurl.com?516

I was asking if there was a way to make offesets WITHOUT a 'offset
bender' ('a 'kicker') this= http://www.chopurl.com?515 This is over
$150.

So my question was there a simple way to do offsets with the simple
hand bender? Maybe a series of photos, a vendor movie, etc.....

Thank you for your replies.

tom

2. He doesn't want to buy or use pre-made offset fittings.
3. He wants to know if there is a 'hand tool' to bend conduit.

I do not know of a hand tool bender, other than the hand and foot held
'Hickey'.
If there was a bender that could be held in the hands, one would have to
be pretty strong to bend conduit with just the hands.
Even by filling the conduit with sand to prevent kinks while bending
without a 'Hickey' or hand tool, the sand would only add to the amount
of power needed to bend the conduit.
The only solution would be to find someone with a 'Hickey' to bend the
conduit, be it a relative, friend, or neighbor (I have one and am not an
electrician), or some electrical installer or supply house.