Art

I had Mannington laminate installed in 2 baths at my parents townhome over a
year ago. So far no problems with water damage and I know they are not
careful at their age. They might intend to be careful but at age 89/79 how
much can you really see when it comes to splashes of water on the floor. It
is the click type. Mannington says it is more water resistent than the glue
type.

wrote in message
We had Pergo in our 96 built home. Loved it. We moved to a 92 built
home that has lino. Don't like it. It has grooves that are full of
gunk; no way to really clean it. I'm still torn over real wood vs
engineered. Engineered seems to have so many benefits including DIY
install that would appear to be quite easy. Any comments? I'd
personally think of using the snap together stuff, but in the kitchen
and (if) baths, go ahead and run a bead of glue along the joint. I'm
still not convinced of using an engineered wood in the baths. We have
carpet (uuuugh), have planned tile, but now am flirting w/ an
engineered product.

We dont wear shoes inside and as for the dirt being visible, I'd
rather see it and get rid of it, and not know it's there.