bumtracks

If he was to get lucky and find a matched pair of 1/2 & 3/4 greenlee's on
auction, he might afford them if no else one bids.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

"DJ" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:59:32 -0500, willshak
wrote:

snip
What I got from the OP's post.
1. The OP doesn't want to buy an EMT bender (which my electrician friend
calls a 'Hickey').
2. He doesn't want to buy or use pre-made offset fittings.
3. He wants to know if there is a 'hand tool' to bend conduit.

I do not know of a hand tool bender, other than the hand and foot held
'Hickey'.
If there was a bender that could be held in the hands, one would have to
be pretty strong to bend conduit with just the hands.
Even by filling the conduit with sand to prevent kinks while bending
without a 'Hickey' or hand tool, the sand would only add to the amount
of power needed to bend the conduit.
The only solution would be to find someone with a 'Hickey' to bend the
conduit, be it a relative, friend, or neighbor (I have one and am not an
electrician), or some electrical installer or supply house.

Boy, for such a short post, seems like everyone is reading impaired
today. G

He does not want to buy a "offset bender" and wants to know if this
can be done with a "hand tool".

I consider a normal "manual" EMT bender to be a hand tool, even though
feet may be involved.

Others have posted how to do an offset with the hand bender. Another
idea might be to count the number of offsets, take that many pieces to
an electrical contractor and have them run the pieces through the
offset bender the use couplings. Show up near quitting time with some
adult beverages, might just get it done for no further cost...

--original post--
Hello eveyone,

I don't have the money to spend on a emt offset bender("kicker") and
don't want to spend money on offset fittings for emt to handy boxes.
So..... I'm guessing there was a way to do this by using a simple
conduit bender hand tool....is there?

tom

DJ