Mikey S.

I have the same pot, mine makes a great cup of coffee with the freshly
ground beans.

You can pour 212F boiling water into the carafe to preheat it, that works
great... so your 190F water should be just fine too. Make sure you give the
hot water a minute or two to really heat up that carafe before you pour it
out.

I would not use hot water to brew the coffee, I would use nothing but cold
in the tank..the secret with this machine is to really preheat that carafe..

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com

"Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" wrote in message

I just purchased an expensive Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic CoffeMaker
with Thermal Carafe, model
DGB-600.

I love very, "HOT" coffee. The directions included say the following:

"Prewarm carafe with hot water to help keep the coffee hotter".

I tried that with normal hot water from the sink and then placed "filtered
cold water in the coffee
pot. The coffe came out cold. So I know, I need to place hot water inside
the coffe maker.

So my question is this. I have a Hot Water Dispenser in the house, set to
190 degrees. Can I use
this temperature "hot water" directly inside the carafe to keep the carafe
warm.

Also, can I use the 190 degree hot water to actually make the coffee.

I will be making coffee by using it's "grind the beans" on demand
function.

Thanks much,