Steven Briggs

Default 16th Edition Test Equipment

In message , PoP
writes
On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 12:53:25 -0000, "Chris Oates" none wrote:

you mean this one
http://tinyurl.com/ti8t
which I also bought.

I'm thinking aloud with the following - please correct me if I'm
wrong!

I was under the impression that in order to produce certificates of
conformance then (a) you need to be an NICEIC member and (b) your test
equipment has to be regularly calibrated.

(a) is straightforward enough. However would this meter be a good
candidate to satisfy (b)?

You need to be competent, which _may_ become defined as working for a
NICEIC firm.

Any test kit can be "calibrated", just send it off to one of the many
calibration houses every year, it'll come back with a calibration
certificate, job done. At work we use Universal Instrument Services, who
come on site several times a year and cal any kit that's due.

--
Steve