Roger Shoaf

"Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC" wrote in message
"Roger Shoaf" wrote:

Might I suggest alt.coffee?

Roger,

Before I posted to this newsgroup, I searched for a "coffee" newsgroup. I

did not find one. I re-did
my search after your suggestion. I guess my ISP does not have this

newsgroup.

OK so you want some coffee education try http://sweetmarias.com/ .

You can also buy an electric kettle. These will boil water faster than a
microwave and that will give you 212 degree water.

I previously bought a Perculator. For me, what a pain to clean. The

electric is built into the
canaster, so you have to be very careful washing it. Real pain.

I did recently learn, that you can get a Perculator that does not use an

electric cord and can
go on a range.

Perculated coffee is probably the worst way to make coffee.

However, I really just wanted the answer to "how hot" my water can be to

warm the "carafe" and also
how hot, my water can be.

Thanks for your input.

Plain water can only be heated to 212F at sea level. Your instant tap
probably can't be adjusted that high to prevent overpressure. an ordinary
tea kettle can be used on the stove top to heat the water to boiling to
preheat your carafe.

The temperature of the coffee coming out of your brewer is probably going
top be less than 190 degrees. If you really like to drink liquids that
scald your mouth, why not just take the cup of coffee you pour from your
carafe and give it a zap in the microwave?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.