Duane Bozarth

TURTLE wrote:

a Many of man has tried it by hand and all I know of failed completely. It is
almost impossible to keep it from Kinking when doing it by hand. You can get a
20 to 25º Turn maybe but anymore and you kink it. ...

I've not tried w/ EMT but if you have something of appropriate size on
hand, a heavy gauge spring whose inner diameter is just larger than the
tubing will work for things like copper, etc. For an offset bend you
might get by...but as TOITLE noted, a simple hand bender ain't that
expensive for 1/2" conduit which I would guess would be what you'd be
using...

Alternative would be flex or switch to plastic for the last few inches
(if you're not using the conduit for ground as some installations
do/did--is that still in code btw?)...