Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
My mid-position valve stays powered up in the Heating position even if
nothing is demanding. Is this correct, or should it return to the Water
position using the spring return (like it does if you completly power
down the whole central heating system)?

Cheers

Paul
When the controller turns off the boiler the mid position valves should stay where it was last put, so if you last used heating only it blocks B (hot water), if you last used hot water it blocks A (Heating), if you last used both it stays in the mid position. This is effected by power to the grey lead.

If however all power is cut so there is no voltage on the grey lead either it rests in the hot water only position, obstructing A.

The manual override holds it in the mid position, we use that when filling the system and getting rid of air locks.

Paul