JD

If you haven't got the brains to wear a safety belt while inside a
metal and glass motorized contraption moving at high speeds amongst
other such contraptions, all controlled by unpredictable humans...
What kind of survival instinct have you got? The kid may have been
"intelligent", at least as far as school subjects are concerned, but he
wasn't smart, and while he paid for it quickly, his family will be
paying for years to come.

There is no good excuse for not wearing a safety belt, except pure dumb
stubbornness. Frankly, If I were an EMT or a cop, I'd be seriously
****ed off at having to scrape some dumbasses sorry remains off the
pavement.

And, to address another poster or two he Yeah, I sure have and
continue to practice driving under less than ideal conditions, and find
myself a much better driver for it. Learning to drive on ice though,
isn't gonna save you when some ****head plows into your rear end at a
stoplight, as has happened to me. It's also not gonna save you from
the bonehead who makes a left turn across three lanes of traffic (that
time he came off worse than I did). And if you think being 'thrown
free' is likely safer than staying confined within a safety cage, well,
either you haven't really thought about it, or your thinking processes
are defective.