Bernd

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
Please - Wear your seatbelts, every single time you get in a car.
Because your words might come back four months later to haunt you in
your afterlife. The writer of that article was recently killed as a
passenger in a completely survivable single-vehicle rollover accident
- he was ejected and killed, the driver and another passenger were
treated for "non-life-threatening injuries."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...9784029686.txt

The whole accident could have been avoided. First of all the guy driving
was 21yrs. old, the road was iciy and they would not comment on the
speed. I'd be willing to bet that they were not driving at a save speed
for conditions. In order for that vehicle to roll several times they had
to be going quite fast. Also drivers today should go on a skid pad and
learn how there vehicle proforms in a skid. This kid probably never had
the **** scraed out of him when his vehicle got out of control brfore
this incident.

Nuff Said. Condolences to his family.

Needless to say, anyone who gets into any vehicle I'm driving who
doesn't want to buckle up, they can damned well get out and walk. The
car's not moving till you do - because as the driver I am responsible
for your safety, and I take it seriously.

I probably wouldn't get in the car with you anyway. I'd be willing to
bet you've never taken your car into a snowy "EMPTY" parking lot and did
some slides and spins just to see how the car would handle. With all
those safety devices that cars have today it gives people like you a
very secure feeling doesn't it?. It makes you more dangerous on the road
than a guy who knows he can get killed weather having all those safety
devices or not.
How many times have you pulled up to a four way stop and not given the
other driver a thought that he/she might not stop. I think about that
everytime. How about the person that pulls out of their driveway
backwards, which by the way is against the law when backing into a main
highway, have you thought do they see me, will they stop. Being aware of
your surroundings while driving is important, more so than all those
safety devices that give you a nice warm and fuzzy feeling.

The govt. tells you you need to wear seatbelts today, tomorrow it'll be
what color underwear you've got to wear, all in the name of safety. BTW,
you will wear "safety yellow" underwear when driving. :-)

Bernd

"It's to late to work within the system and to early to shot the
*******s. - Claire Wolfe