B.B.

In article ,
Ignoramus14690 wrote:

I had a collision with a train once (no ****) and a seatbelt was very
helpful. I walked away with the car totaled, but some minor bruises
from the seatbelt. No, I was not drunk, I was not trying to ride
through the gate, etc, I simply did not notice the train. It was dark,
the crossing was unmarked, and at the time I did not realize that I in
fact needed eyeglasses. I hit it in the middle, luckily I hit a
railroad car carriage instead of going underneath the train. The train
was going slowly.

Heh. Here in Waco we've got a lot of train crossings, all diligently
labeled "Do not stop on tracks." The one I cross every day has a stop
sign just beyond, so four or five cars can stack up before the crossing.
I stopped behind the tracks because there was no room, and the clever
little **** behind me went around me and stopped in the gap, on the
tracks.
I honked, he gave me the finger. I honked a few more times, and he
got out to yell at me. Once he got to my window to start yelling I
pointed down the tracks to the train that was coming. About the time
that he turned around the gates came down.
He managed to get in his truck and move it in time, but it sure was
fun to watch him scramble over the gate, trip on the tracks and throw a
fit trying to get the door open. The train blasting its horn and
screeching along the tracks probably made him **** his pants a few times
in the process.
People still stop on those tracks every day. Speaking of Darwin, we
need to speed those trains up a little. (:

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/