Al Dykes

In article sU9Gd.85365$Xk.25523@pd7tw3no,
CNC Solutions wrote:

"Anthony" wrote in message
8...
wrote in news:1105464831.970828.146070
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I am in the process of rearranging my shop layout....what shop storage
method do you like the best in your shop. For example....do you have
work benches with storage under it...shelves on the walls, old school
lockers, ect...I am thinking of building work benches with storage
under...and configure the benches with openings for welders, grinders,
bandsaws and other tools with designated storage and use areas. I have
been racking my brain trying to develop the best design, then thought
"why not ask what others like best in their shops..."

Thanks

The best thing I have found for holding small hand tool are the cutlery
basket from a dishwasher. They are round or rectangular an can be screwed to
the wall and you can see what's in them. A plus is with the holes in them
they don't collect dirt in the bottoms.

--
Darcy Norton
CNC Solutions

I found that gray steel shelving is available of the used market. I
found a dealer of used office furniture that had a warehouse of the
stuff and I could pick risers in 1 ft increments and shelves in width,
depth, and loadbearing to fit what I wanted. ISTR it was $2 per
piece. I bolted 6 inch shelves along an entire wall in my shop.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.