Charlie Self

Mark & Juanita responds:

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:37:08 GMT, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , "J. Clarke"

wrote:

Not so--note that nearly all are ignoring the racial epithet trolling now
going on. The moderation thing, on the other hand, is a hot button for the
group.

Anyone who's using my filter file with Nfilter is not seeing that
racial-epithet trolling at all. Which might account for lack of response to
it. I didn't even know it was there until I visited Google Groups to search
for more information about the other troll threads in hopes of finding
something to filter against.

Nope, those of us not using your filter are seeing the headers and
ignoring the sad, sick mind behind the posts.

Not always. I've got my own filter set, and I was beginning to wonder why I was
seeing totals up around 250 posts and finding about 25 when I opened the NG. I
checked Google Groups and was really surprised that the lid had slipped off the
outhouse again.

I dislike censorship in any form, but it does seem as if Google could offer
some kind of filtering for their groups, or do some filtering before archiving
such universally despised nonsense.

Charlie Self
"One of the common denominators I have found is that expectations rise above
that which is expected." George W. Bush