BigWallop

"Jimmy" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:48:02 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

snipped

Transco are the only people that fit mains gas pipes and meters, but

your
local, ask the neighbour, gas supplier will be able to put you through

the
wringer, sorry, give you a price for this. :-)

So, sorry to seem slow to comprehend, but should I go direct to
transco or should I go to the local gas supplier?

Which one is least likely to bleed me dry, financially: transco if I
go to them direct , or transco, called upon by a gas supplier I choose
to approach?

Are you sure transco are the only people allowed to fit meters? Don't
they license any of the gas supplies to do that?

It is Transco that have the UK contract for all civil mains gas supply
pipework and meter installations, but you need to call a gas supplier to
have them contract you with the installation of anything you need to make a
separate supply to your home. The gas supplier then gives the contract to
Transco to make the installation and then the gas supplier charges you for
the new supply of gas.

(ask your upstairs neighbour which gas supplier they use)