On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 00:03:06 GMT, wrote:

"Dave Hall" writes:
I don't see Amazon or Dell (never bought anything from or even know
what Newegg might be) to be bottom feeder discounters like I percieve
Harbor Freight. In fact I seldom see Amazon being more that a percent
or two below local sellers and lots of folks significantly undersell
Dell. Therefore to me comparing the customer service levels of higher
priced sellers like Dell to low price sellers like HF is less than
valid.

Newegg is a low price computer & consumer electronics vendor with a
stellar reputation for customer service.

Correction. Check pricewatch.com Newegg has good prices but they are
higher than most of their on-line competitors. They also have MUCH better
service than many of the others and they are well worth every penny they
charge, but they are not in the "harbor Freight" category pricewise.

Check resellerratings.com and you will see the difference.

I regularly find that sale prices at Amazon and Dell are the same or
better than the lowest priced (non-gray market) competitor. For Dell,
there are 10-25% off sales nearly every day.