SteveB

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Back to metal, where do you guys buy your steel and aluminum plate
for projects? Y'know, foot square or smaller.

I got some motors in the mail yesterday and need either flanged plates
or 3-5" diameter faceplates for them (5/16" D and 3/8" round shafts.)
The need is to convert from rotary to reciprocating motion for 1-10
lbs @ 1-60 rpm. I can't think of the name for the rotating
ball/bushing used there so I can't Google it, either. sigh

I am lucky enough to live near a metal supplier. They break and shear
metals. They have a "rem pile" and scrap drums. You can find all sorts of
pieces of aluminum and steel, and they charge by the pound. Really cheap
for those little projects.

Steve