jim rozen

In article , no spam says...

Seat belts saved my hide (and probably my life) once. I bought a 51 Chev
pickup many moons ago and the first thing I did was install seatbelts. A
week later I was hit almost head on. The little Datsun that hit me was
totaled and the lady went to the hospital. My truck rolled over on its side
and I climbed out without a scratch. I'm sure I'd have been a lot worse off
without that seatbelt.

I cannot understand anyone who doesn't want to wear a seatbelt. My vehicles
don't move without everyone being buckled up.

Well *somebody* has to do this, it may as well be me.

"My brother-in-laws cousin knew this guy one time who was
out driving. He didn't have his seatbelt on, and large
truck came around an icy curve on night, and smashed into him
head-on. Because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt, he was
thrown free of the wreck and landed in a bunch of hay
bales right before the car careened off a cliff, flipped
over, and exploded at the bottom of the hill.

Now the funny think is, that exact same crash happened
a year later, but the driver (not my brother-in-laws
cousins friend of course) *was* wearing his seatbelt
and wound up in the wrecked burned car at the bottom
of the ravine.

Of course the coroner found that the driver had been
clawing at the jammed release latch when they took
the body away."

There. I feel better now.

Jim

please reply to: