Lane

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
Please - Wear your seatbelts, every single time you get in a car.

They were installed for your own good. Even if you don't like the
mandatory seatbelt laws. Even if you write a combative "Letters To
The Editor" opinion editorial railing against them, and insisting you
will not wear them.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/...d?in_archive=1

Because your words might come back four months later to haunt you in
your afterlife. The writer of that article was recently killed as a
passenger in a completely survivable single-vehicle rollover accident
- he was ejected and killed, the driver and another passenger were
treated for "non-life-threatening injuries."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...9784029686.txt

http://www.snopes.com/autos/accident/seatbelt.asp

Nuff Said. Condolences to his family.

Needless to say, anyone who gets into any vehicle I'm driving who
doesn't want to buckle up, they can damned well get out and walk. The
car's not moving till you do - because as the driver I am responsible
for your safety, and I take it seriously.

-- Bruce --

Seat belts saved my hide (and probably my life) once. I bought a 51 Chev
pickup many moons ago and the first thing I did was install seatbelts. A
week later I was hit almost head on. The little Datsun that hit me was
totaled and the lady went to the hospital. My truck rolled over on its side
and I climbed out without a scratch. I'm sure I'd have been a lot worse off
without that seatbelt.

I cannot understand anyone who doesn't want to wear a seatbelt. My vehicles
don't move without everyone being buckled up.

Lane