machineman

Larry Jaques wrote:

Back to metal, where do you guys buy your steel and aluminum plate
for projects? Y'know, foot square or smaller.

I got some motors in the mail yesterday and need either flanged plates
or 3-5" diameter faceplates for them (5/16" D and 3/8" round shafts.)
The need is to convert from rotary to reciprocating motion for 1-10
lbs @ 1-60 rpm. I can't think of the name for the rotating
ball/bushing used there so I can't Google it, either. sigh

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming

the part you are thinking of is called a rod end. You can get them in
many forms and materials. Go to http://www.mcmaster.com/ and do a
search on rod end to see the selection. I used several in my mirror
grinder http://www.jamescrombie.com/pics/assembled4.jpg