Very well said, Bruce. And I agree whole heartedly... especially since my
sister forced me to wear my seatbelt when I was real young... maybe 11 or 12
years old. We were hungry after church so we went to Rally's (fast food
place) and when we were ready to leave... she told me to put my seatbelt on.
I said it was uncomfortable & didn't want to. She said she would not move an
inch until I did. Finally, my stubborn butt did buckle up. We pulled out..
went 1 block to the intersection. Got SMASHED in the side by a diabetic who
passed out while driving. We were in a 91 Mustang LX convertible & we
*definitely* would have been severely injured if not dead if we had not
been wearing our seatbelts. I came out of it without a single scratch. My
sister got a few bumps & bruises, but nothing major. Since then, nobody gets
in my car w/out putting on seatbelt. My friends are annoyed by it, but they
can deal. Btw, that was his 4th accident *that day*.

-Mike

--
A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
Cold air intake

"Bruce L. Bergman" wrote in message
Please - Wear your seatbelts, every single time you get in a car.

They were installed for your own good. Even if you don't like the
mandatory seatbelt laws. Even if you write a combative "Letters To
The Editor" opinion editorial railing against them, and insisting you
will not wear them.

http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/...14a5a030e91d?i
n_archive=1

Because your words might come back four months later to haunt you in
your afterlife. The writer of that article was recently killed as a
passenger in a completely survivable single-vehicle rollover accident
- he was ejected and killed, the driver and another passenger were
treated for "non-life-threatening injuries."

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...00782597840296
86.txt

http://www.snopes.com/autos/accident/seatbelt.asp

Nuff Said. Condolences to his family.

Needless to say, anyone who gets into any vehicle I'm driving who
doesn't want to buckle up, they can damned well get out and walk. The
car's not moving till you do - because as the driver I am responsible
for your safety, and I take it seriously.

-- Bruce --
Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545