Mike

"." wrote in message
Oil boiler to rads will be your best option, oil is cheap enough and

the
installation costs will be very similar to gas but without the
connection cost, as other posters have said though 1K is too little 2-3
I would have thought

Thanks for the input. Does that 2-3K include the installation of the
rads and their pipework or just the tank and boiler? I already have
the c/h rads and their associated plumbing installed. All I need is a
boiler and the means to fuel it. (then the minor plumbing work to
connect it up to my existing pipework, which I can do myself at a
pinch).

My price included the rads, at a guess- 6-700 for the boiler, 2-300 for
the tank, plus installation, 2-3 days work so about 1500 in total

Depends where you live. Many (becoming most with the latest regulations)
require a bunded tank which triples the price. And once you add a flue it's
nearer £800 for the boiler.