BigWallop

"Jimmy" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:36:06 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

snipped

Some good points there. Looks like gas it is then - as long the
meter-installers are happy to take a feed from the gas pipe going to
the flat above. If they tell me I've got to have a separate main
coming from the pipeline inder the road, I might have to opt for oil
to avoid bankruptcy.

You should find it a standard sort of practice by the gas supply people, to
install a pipe that will be suitable for at least double the amount of
dwellings on a site. The mains to your property is meant for one large
house, and the only alteration to this is the split in to two separate
flats. So the pipework should still be suitable to supply the whole large
property, but just in two parts.

Give them a call and find out the exact price for this work. Then decide.