Maxprop

"ebd" wrote in message

I agree that the Reeves is a good alternatie to electronic. Actually,
I think it's a better alternative, not so much because of price, but
because you maintain low end torque with a mechanical drive.
Personally, I still prefer a direct drive belt/pulley cluster. The
Reeves is a secondary consideration. The last time I looked (and that
was some time ago) the Delta & Jet were quite a bit less than the 3K.
If they are now at the same price point as the 3K they are overpriced.
The machining, design, and engineering on the 3K is superior.

I paid $767 for my Jet 1442 one year ago, including the legs. Now the price
at the same store is around $950--an increase (probably due to the falling
dollar against Asian currencies), but still well below the price of a DVR.
As for the 3K, I haven't seen that model for sale for some time. A good
used one shows up from time to time, though.

Max