.

In article , Christian
McArdle writes
700-800 for the boiler then(just looked it up), you reckon 7-800 for the
boiler installation? sounds too much to me, putting in an oil boiler is
a doddle

Down here you have to plead with a plumber to quote you. British Gas would
probably charge 2500+ just to swap a boiler. You might get someone to
install for 1500, but it would require a lot of phoning around. You won't
get anyone round here installing radiators and tanks as well for that money.

Christian.

I am just talking about the boiler Christian, BTW I'm in Suffolk. The op
said he could do the pipework himself if needed, to get anywhere near
the type of money he wants to spend this is the best option, as I said
putting in an oil boiler is a doddle (have done three installations
myself and I am no plumber/heating engineer) He can buy a tank for 200
squids and put it down on fully supported slabs or a small slab.

This weekend we have a boiler change at our village hall, its costing
about 3 grand with the boiler being about 1900 IIRC (oil combi,
industrial model), the rest is on a new plastic tank on a new base
(included), removing existing cylinder, re-routing/new pipework, putting
in new control system and installing 2 electric water heaters *and* this
wasn't the cheapest quote but they do come recommended
--
..