Joe

SteveF wrote:

[snip]

You might take a

look at Hardipanel which is a 4' by 8' cement product. Used it to side my
new garage and it worked out pretty well. Just be prepared to sacrifice a
circular saw and a dust mask.

http://www.jameshardie.com/homeowner...hardipanel.php

I sided my garage with Hardipanel, as well, and I like it. I'm gonna use it on
certain areas inside the shop, too. It's fireproof, and insect/rot proof (also
comes in 4 x 9 and 4 x 10). Forget about the circular saw, though; I bought a
set of power shears made specifically for cutting fiber-cement board, and it
works great! Almost no mess at all. You can rent them also. Mine is a Porter
Cable, but Kett makes a good one, too.

Joe