Brian Lawson

Hey Ben,

WOW!! That's a BIIIIGGG door. Is it a "door "now", or will you do
the aluminum and then apply it? How many individual panels make up
the cover? If it is already skinned, I'd be very concerned about how
much you will be stretching the metal with the peaning. And for sure
it will be warped and buckled when you're done. I wonder if the
customer would go for a pattern created with a disc sander or "engine
turning" design?

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:44:57 -0500 (EST), "Ben Carter"
wrote:

HELP!

I've been asked to create an applied door covering using 1/8" aluminum plate. The (important) client strongly desires a real hammered finish. Anyone done this on anything large? I've only done it to jewelry and small sculpture.

I'd probably weld an old ball peen head onto an impact chisel bit and go nuts if someone doesn't stop me! The door is 42' x 8' 10" and done on both sides so it should probably be some kind of tool...

thanks!