Chris Lasdauskas

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 10:08:17 UTC, Gunner wrote:

On 1 Jan 2005 20:33:23 +0700, "Chris Lasdauskas"
wrote:
Given that his 'lapse' is recognisable in

_Principles_of_Political_Economy_ which was published when he was 43,
I doubt that senile dementia comes into it

Chris

They went mad earlier G

Mills did indeed have some interesting Ideas, and I approve of some,
disapprove of others. Very much like classical composers, there is
music written by a composer that I like and he may also have written
something that sucks big green loggies.

Mills dabbled in many political philosophies. Mills like many others
of his and later times, explored many different ideas. The
Enlightenment was an interesting time frame.

Of course the fathers of modern conservatism are Burke and
Locke...with contributions from many others.

Later day savants like Russel Kirk are interesting to read as well.

If you enjoy reading that sort of philosphy, you might enjoy
_The_Worldly_Philosphers_ by Robert Heilbroner. It's an introduction
to the ideas of a range of important economists.

Cheers,
Chris