Hugo Nebula

On 13 Jan 2005 13:09:09 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named
(antz) randomly hit the keyboard and
produced:

So i am wondering if i can get around Building regs if i decrease the
scale so thats it 7x4 meters (under 30m2) and build it of non
combustabile materials as it closer than 1 meter to boundary. This
under schedule 2 of building regs means its exempt BUT its is a two
storie buidling and I have a nasty feeling this will mean building
regs are required and therefore we could revert back to the original
sizes??

Another idea was to build a single layer building on the lower level
exepmt of PP and regs but then place a large log cabin on the top
effectively giving a two storie would this work??

To be exempt any small building not containing sleeping accommodation
needs to be detached, single storey, have a floor area of less than
30mē and either be substantially non-combustible or more than 1.0m
from a boundary. As your proposal is two storeys, it's not exempt.

If you added another storey onto an existing single storey building,
this would make the whole thing non-exempt, and you would need to
expose the foundations and supporting structure.
--
Hugo Nebula
'What you have to ask yourself is, "if no-one on the internet wants