Mark & Juanita

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:32:37 GMT, "George E. Cawthon"
wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

.... snip

Wanta bet? That's the way it is supposed to be, but if you
pay off all but the contested charge, they will charge
interest on the contested charge, and then the next month
when you don't pay it, they will charge a late fee and
interest, etc. You should get it back, but in the mean time
your credit rating goes down and the interest rate
increases. And you may not get it back and sure as hell the
credit rating and the interest rate won't change back. In
my case, one of the personnel flatly told me that I would
not get the interest and the late charges reversed.

So? If you have a disputed charge -- pay the full amount to the CC
company, the amount is still in dispute and should you prevail, you will
have a credit. If the adjudication crosses billing periods, you will not
have to worry about interest or late charges, and if your case is refused,
you won't have late charges or interest added to your account as you would
if you had not paid the amount.

Right that is what I did. The only problem is when you need
an item right away, you pay for the one in dispute and buy
another. In my case that meant making a check out twice for
about $2,000. I had the money so it wasn't a big problem
that I didn't get all of my original $2000 back for 3
months. For someone on tight finances it could be difficult.

Agreed. The only plus side is that this means of payment at least
provides a mechanism for getting one's money back. Paying by check or
other means to such a company and you've got nothing.

Now we'll just use some glue to hold things in place until the brads dry