Terry Collins

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:36:11 +1100, Terry Collins
wrote:

Not only interesting, but useful.
I've been thinking about getting rid of the 'azure albatross' for
years, but I also was quoted a cost of $10 K or so.

If you don't want it for a swimming pool, how about raising fish (for
viewing, relaxation or eating?

Two words: Yard Nazis

Did you get it in writing? I've had a number of these types of "demands"
suddenly disappear when they were asked for them in writing.

The way to deal with these type of demands is to give them full reign,
ask questions, encourage the full colonel blimp entourage and let them
make quite a few proposterous demands, then as they are leaving (or you
are about the hang up) "So you put all that in writing for me will you".
Don't push the issue. Just note on your record that they agreed to put
it in writing.

First was coming home from working away for a few weeks to wife very
upset that she was responsible for neighbours illness as neighbour had
got it from wife's rabbit as you could smell them. The little hitler had
visited and made several contradictory demands. When I got home, I asked
for it all in writing - never heard anything again.

Last was a model steam club who leases "public" lands being told they
had to prepare a plan of management for the lands and another little
hitler making all sorts of demands about what they had to do, who to
hire and that it had to be done immediately. Mainly bush
regeneration/protection wise. The club president remembered that I had
some back ground here and I just told him to ask for all requirements in
writing. Sole requirement to date "prepare a plan of management".

The worst case is going to be that you are no better off.