BigWallop

"antz" wrote in message
om...
Hi please see below: I dont know how to post updates to old messages

The below is true but I have been looking into this and I dont need
Planning Permission as its less than 1/2 size of property, more than 5
meters from house and not higher than 3 meters from highest point of
ground as the garden is split layer.

So i am wondering if i can get around Building regs if i decrease the
scale so thats it 7x4 meters (under 30m2) and build it of non
combustabile materials as it closer than 1 meter to boundary. This
under schedule 2 of building regs means its exempt BUT its is a two
storie buidling and I have a nasty feeling this will mean building
regs are required and therefore we could revert back to the original
sizes??

Another idea was to build a single layer building on the lower level
exepmt of PP and regs but then place a large log cabin on the top
effectively giving a two storie would this work??

Regards

Anthony

Anything with a floor that is meant to take the loading of a habitable area
needs planning and building permission in all parts of the UK. When you
start to rise up to a second floor you need structural design drawings for
load bearing walls and roof structures as well. If you want to put drainage
and water supplies in to it, you meet further regulations and requirements.
So you're better starting with a planned drawing and detailed build
structure notice, and submit all this to your local councils appropriate
departments, and work your way out from there.