J. Clarke

Old Nick wrote:

On 12 Jan 2005 22:00:57 -0500,
lid (dwright) vaguely
proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:

I have also (very carefully) touched the blade side while it was
running in Bypass Mode. The control panel flashed the contact
pattern, so I know that the brake would have released if I hadn't
been in Bypass.

Wait! There's a Bypass mode? Operator controllable? Uhoh! Suit City
here we come, I reckon.

"Should I run my sawstop in bypass mode?" will replace "should I have
a blade guard installed?" ?

Not really, bypass mode is specifically for metals and green wood that would
trigger the Sawstop otherwise.

In a working situation, is there any _record/log_ kept of each
incident, and the state of the Saw Stop?

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)