Lem Bledsoe

I am a muddy water sailor on the Ohio river in Kentucky and a wanna be
salt water man. Have always had power boats, sailboats just don't work
on the river.

Took basic sailing lessons in Florida a few years ago and got hooked.
Read everything I could and scoured the Internet for sailing links. Have
mostly been a lurker on ASA. I had this grand design to sail of into the
sunset, but with a wife that is not much into boating and a family I am
still wanna being.

Then I discovered turning. If sailboats are as money hungry as
powerboats, which I am sure they are, I am probably better off
financially with the lathe. But to quote Sterling Hayden "Is it better
to be broke of purse or broke of mind?"

And yes, the Jet 1442 is a find lathe. Should I ever feel the need move
up, I would look real hard at the Powermatic 3520.

Lem Bledsoe
Warsaw, Ky