On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:36:11 +1100, Terry Collins
wrote:

Not only interesting, but useful.
I've been thinking about getting rid of the 'azure albatross' for
years, but I also was quoted a cost of $10 K or so.

If you don't want it for a swimming pool, how about raising fish (for
viewing, relaxation or eating?

Two words: Yard Nazis

It cost me months of effeort and more than $300 to get them off my
back last time. As far as the City is concerned, if it looks like a
swimming pool andi it's green, it is 'stagnant and a health hazard.'

They didn't care that it was in fact circulating and full of misquito
fish. The health department tought this was fine, the county's vector
control people were okay with it, but the 'anti-blight enforcement'
(ie, yard nazis) got their knickers in a twist.

Feh!

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.