DoN. Nichols

In article ,
R.H. wrote:
Just posted a few mo

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

242) Looks like a junction block for modular furniture of some form,
made out of 1" (or 25mm) square tubing.

243) Not really sure. It looks sort of like an early cable-tie
cinching and cutoff tool, but I don't see how this one would
do the cinching part. Perhaps if the block attached to the jaw
opposite the one carrying the cutoff blade moves backwards in
some way.

In any case, it is designed to cut off *something* which fits
through the slot at the end, and whatever it is, it must be
somewhat brittle, given the spacing of the cutoff-blade behind
the slot.

And -- given that it is compound leverage, it must take quite a
bit of force to cut off.

244) Looks sort of like something to keep critters from opening a
gate, while allowing any human with the requisite number of
hands to do so without trouble. It looks as though a hasp
similar to the one on top fits through the slot.

245) As an article which I stumbled across before I got to this one
said, it is the end of a draftsman or architect's triangular
scale. (Which style would require looking at the scales.)

246) I can't tell the material from the photos, or the details of
the uprights, but is some kind of trade-specific toolbox. I
might even consider it to be for a farrier, to use when shoeing
a horse, if the shoes could live on the cross-bar and the nails
and tools in the drawers.

247) Bootjack -- for engaging the loops at the top of cowboy boots
so you can pull them on without having to bend as much --
perhaps if you are old, or perhaps if a horse has recently
thrown you and your back is stiff. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564