Ken Davey

B.B. wrote:
In article . 190.42,
"Ben Carter" wrote:

HELP!

I've been asked to create an applied door covering using 1/8"
aluminum plate. The (important) client strongly desires a real
hammered finish. Anyone done this on anything large? I've only done
it to jewelry and small sculpture.

I'd probably weld an old ball peen head onto an impact chisel bit
and go nuts if someone doesn't stop me! The door is 42' x 8' 10" and
done on both sides so it should probably be some kind of tool...

thanks!

How about a (rented) vibratory soil compactor with an appropriately
contoured plate clamped onto the bottom?

I like this. Sounds like a 'Tim the Toolman Taylor' kind of solution'.

Ken.

--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'