George

"Ron Williams" wrote in message
SNIP
To top it off, when I was there to scope out the site, I saw a notice for

meeting for a new co-op art group starting in an old log cabin in town. I
went and signed up. I can have a running display of several of my pieces
all summer (its a touristy place), they also charge no commission, but
they'd want an hour or two of my time a month working there. In my other
live, I'm a teacher, so I'd have plenty of time then.

SNIP

Used to have a co-op setup here. Same as everywhere in life, there were
people who wanted to do things, and those who wanted to be someone. Don't
need to tell you who watched the store.

I had my summer hours and then some, but I also had a sign for the door that
said "Ambulance Call, temporarily closed" that I could quickly flip when the
dispatcher called. I had a lot of free time even at work, you see.

Used to bring my shaving horse and spoons in from the ready room to pass the
time, which held folks in to watch. If you do something similar, it can
help pass the time and allow you to teach a bit too.