Karl Vorwerk

You might want to check on how close their horse barn is to your property
line. There are often rules about how far a livestock barn must be set from
the property line.
In the town I grew up in it was legal to shot your gun but not your cap
pistol.
Karl

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

"RogerN" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Errol Groff" wrote in message

The reason I'm asking is because I have 4.5 acres but it is all
frontage.

And what do you farm on 4.5 acres that is all frontage? Spaghetti?

Your property sound like it is six miles long and two inches wide.

The property is triangle shaped and probably at least 6 times as long as

it
is deep at the deepest point. There is a road approximately half way
through my property. I would guess that I have approximately 1.5 acres
on
the house side of the road and 3 acres on the barnyard side. I'm not
farming anything but I have dug a small pond and stocked it. Anyway, the
length of the property can potentially give me a descent shooting range
unless I have to be farther from the road than my property is deep.

The neighbor that says I'm not supposed to shoot here, because I'm not
500
feet from the road, was complaining that my shooting spooks their horses

and
makes their dogs bark. I bought this property, dug my pond, piled dirt

for
a shooting backstop, and shot all summer before they built their house
and
moved their dogs and horses in. Before they ever complained, I shot and
watched the horses to see if it was spooking them, they didn't seem to be
bothered by it.

Now I'm trying to move my shooting area to the other end of my property

but
it is the end that comes to the point of the triangle, putting me closer

the road.

I want to get along with the neighbors and don't want to spook their

horses,
but I moved from city limits so that I could do the things you can't do
in
city limits. I had my "shooting range" before they ever began building
or
moving their horses in the area. I've cut back shooting in my barnyard

area
partly because of winter and partly because of their horses being so

close.

Should horses be spooked by gunfire? John Wayne would be ashamed! :-)

I think you'd be wise to contact the county attorney's office and get an
opinion. You could be within your rights to shoot there. You're likely
to come head to head with your jackass neighbor eventually, so it does no
harm to let the authorities know you're doing your level best to abide by
the law.

Maybe you should be hollering at your neighbor, telling him his dogs are
keeping you awake nights. Sounds like he wants everything his way.

Keep us informed

Harold